About MARUTI SUZUKI ALTO 800
2012 saw Maruti Suzuki releasing a redesigned Alto 800 that 'wowed' the markets. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 came out with a modern design that paid tribute to the classic car. The curves and expressive lines easily give a classy look. The radiator grille is smaller to accommodate a trapezoid bumper completely in black. The wheel arches have been flared up. The rear has a smooth curve that fits in with the design. The dual colour tone of grey and brown adds a lot to give the cabin a new look. It has assist grips for passengers. 5 passengers can easily fit with enough shoulder space.
The petrol engine has a displacement capacity of 796 cc along with a power output of 43 bhp and 69 Nm. The CNG engine offers exactly the same as the petrol one. These engines are paired with a 5 speed manual gearbox.
The standard Alto 800 has a very good audio system. It has an air conditioning system with climate control. The front wheels are equipped with disc brakes and the rear wheels have drum brakes. The suspension system is robust to give a smooth and comfortable drive.
The closest competitors to Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 are Hyundai EON and Maruti Suzuki Alto K10. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 offers better fuel efficiency and mileage compared to these two competitors.
1. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Base
2. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LX
3. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXI
4. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXI Anniversary Edition
5. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 VXI
6. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXI Airbag
7. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 VXI Airbag
1. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 CNG Base
2. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 CNG LX
3. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 CNG LXI
MARUTI SUZUKI ALTO 800 STD
|2.71 Lakhs||Get on road price|
MARUTI SUZUKI ALTO 800 LX
|3.08 Lakhs||Get on road price|
MARUTI SUZUKI ALTO 800 LXI
|3.31 Lakhs||Get on road price|
MARUTI SUZUKI ALTO 800 VXI
|3.44 Lakhs||Get on road price|
MARUTI SUZUKI ALTO 800 LXI AIRBAG
|3.47 Lakhs||Get on road price|
MARUTI SUZUKI ALTO 800 VXI AIRBAG
|3.51 Lakhs||Get on road price|
What we like
- The Maruti Alto 800 comes in both petrol and CNG versions
- Basic comfort features, adequate boot space, convenient, reasonably priced, value for money, fuel-efficient and an effective AC too is an added feature
- Perfect for city rides, neat steering, easy to zip through narrow roads and is also bump resistant
What we don't like
- Basic, and not feature-heavy, appearance-wise, exterior and interiors could do with a makeover, nonexistent leg room
- Basic music system, fragile door pads, lack of alloy wheels even in higher end versions, ground clearance could be better
- Good only for city rides and not long rides because of motoring and cannot handle bad roads in high speed
The Alto 800 is an alternative to the Maruti 800 and yes, it makes a fitting entry, features aside, surprisingly it is fitted with a powerful AC, is fuel-efficient and competitively priced. And yes, as it is a known A segment, entry level car, it is a pretty bare basic car with no notable features, interiors are bare minimum and just adequate and exterior appearance could be notched up a bit, but whatever be its downsides, this is definitely an able successor to the iconic Maruti 800, which was phased out and is now a part of the automobile history.
Hyundai To Expand Prod...
Hyundai Motor India today announced that it will be increasing its production capacity at its Chenna... Read more
HMIL Roars a Price Hik...
Hyundai Motors India Ltd. (HMIL) roars out a price hike of 3% for its popular hatchback Grand i10 in... Read more
Goodyear introduces Tr...
While its existing Assurance TripleMax range is known for offering a balanced mix of ride comfort an... Read more
Ford India crosses 1 m...
Today, Ford India has crossed a major milestone – a little over 20 years after it established its pr... Read more
Five Star rating for V...
Volvo XC 40 is ranked as one among the top five cars for its 97 percent Adult Occupation Protection... Read more
Mini Electric displaye...
Mini’s Electric concept has made its appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, and it sheds ligh... Read more
Bugatti Divo to be a d...
Bugatti has confirmed that the Divo is on the way – a limited-run track-focused car based on its Chi... Read more
Milestone of 20 millio...
Production of 20 million units is successful for the company Maruti Suzuki. 34 years and 6 months ar... Read more
Bugatti Chiron Gets Ne...
Bugatti will now offer the Chiron with a two-piece glass roof which it calls the 'Sky View'. This ne... Read more